Assistant Plant Manager - for a leading Food Production Company
- Assistant Plant Manager
- Union City, CA
A leading Food Production Company is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager - who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management, Supervisor, or Lead Food production experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Assistant Plant Manager - Will work closely with the Sr. Plant Operations Manager to develop short to mid-term production plans and to guarantee completion of projects are achieved with urgency and proficiency. This role will work together cross-functionally with department managers to sustain vital organizational strategies. This role will also seek out opportunities for implementation of cost-effective savings projects. The individual will be directly involved in creating and writing standard work for processes and equipment.
The Assistant Plant Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- 5 Years' experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide and coach groups of individuals
The Assistant Plant Manager - will:
- Supervise daily operations to guarantee departmental commitments and deliverables are achieved to meet company objectives.
- Apply leadership for the conceptualization, design, development, construction, installation and support of the company's productivity and process improvement projects and programs.
- Detect and implement cost savings process improvement projects through technology development, equipment automation projects, and manufacturing engineering projects.
- Responsible for the identification and execution of productivity improvement programs using Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Recognize and understand the effect of new processes and/or changes to existing processes, productivity, production costs, and product quality.
- Participate in automation, process development technology and manufacturing operations.
- Be actively involved in plant projects from early conceptualization and design stages through to the development, construction, and installation of new process changes.
- Build and apply new methods of process data analysis, which measures plant performance in meeting production specifications.