Hybrid, 3 days per week
Must come from Pharma/Biotech/Med Device industry
This Associate Director role will provide leadership and support with the team to build capabilities (team, process & tools) to maximize financial analytics of procurement spend with intent to add value across SS&P functions from strategic sourcing to category management and procure-to-pay processes.
Goal of the Procurement Analytics group is to enable effective and data-driven decision making and relationship management. Analytics and the associated data visualization should drive actionable insights to understand past performance, improve sourcing and buying decisions, mitigate business risk, and help predict and budget future decisions.
Within the Finance organization, Financial Planning & Analysis is the primary Finance business partner responsible for updating forecasts and budgets.
- Support the Sr. Director to establish clear objectives of SS&P Procurement Analytics team and the collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis to fully define respective roles and responsibilities and how to embed team remit into workflow.
- Contribute to building an effective team to ensure group aligned and equipped to deliver team objectives and priorities. Support Sr. Director to optimize or develop and apply necessary processes and tools/ technology to enable the team. Help Sr. Director oversee operations of the team and work direction.
- Support activities for SS&P Sourcing and Category Management team to:
- Manage spend by ensuring we understand total budget and spend profile to help find and prioritize cost savings and value creation opportunities - this should empower the category management and sourcing team.
- Drive improvements in data classification and collection to gain improved visibility of spend cross-functionally and by category, by servcie, and by vendor as applicable.
- Leverage spend analysis to identify key business partner groups, vendors & category spend areas for enhanced engagement to optimize cost and manage risk.
- Provide real-time reporting tools for efforts above.
- Support team to gather market intelligence and perform spend analysis on the data to inform sourcing strategies and leverage for negotiations. Equip Sourcing and Category Management colleagues with how to optimally embed financial attributes into vendor market research, preparation for RFP development, evaluation of proposal costs, and contract rate negotiation.
- Take on assignments of higher complexity, visibility, or risk.
- Support collaboration with Financial Planning & Analysis to:
- Understand and vet business unit requirements for analytics and reporting.
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities matrix between the two teams.
- Contribute to budget accountability recommendations.
- Support change management to ensure budget accountability is built into sourcing & procurement business processes.
- Support development of framework for financial analytics, reporting and spend visibility to (1) category management and sourcing team colleagues, (2) internal business units and product or project governance teams, and (3) for external vendors when applicable such as for use in relationship management and business reviews.
- Help maximize system capabilities from SAP Analytics Cloud and future-state Ariba pay module to drive report automation.
- Support analytics for vendor spend modeling, focused on clinical trials. Help baseline Clinical Research Organization (CRO) costs to build spend algorithms and support F&PA cost forecasting estimates for Exelixis Product Governance decisions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and eleven years of related experience; or
- Master's degree in related discipline and nine years of related experience; or
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech is preferred.
- Previous experience in Procurement or Outsourcing is preferred.
- Previous experience in spend analytics and cost modeling desirable.
- Previous experience in supporting clinical trial vendor spend forecasting and cost reporting is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and Ariba.