Title: Automation & Electrical Reliability Superintendent
Location: Jackson AL
Company: Fortune 500 Paper/Pulp
One of the largest paper/pulp manufacturers in North America is searching to add an Automation & Electrical Reliability Superintendent to its team in southern Alabama. In this role, you will provide direction and leadership to ensure the maintenance repair, and installation of mill automation and electrical equipment. Strong leadership skills are imperative as you will lead a team of automation technicians to maintain and improve existing equipment. If you're interested in joining a 150+ year industry leader that and can provide long-term job stability, this role is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for developing and implementing plans to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and efficient utilization of automation maintenance personnel.
- Support the operating departments by providing maintenance input on long-term automation equipment decisions and maintaining the existing equipment to insure maximum up time.
- Arrange for supporting services from outside contractors and equipment required to meet department needs. Assure selection, training, and evaluation of hourly and salary automation maintenance personnel.
- Perform performance reviews and salary administration.
- Provide input to the daily and weekly planning to ensure work schedules and manpower assignments are cost effective.
- Establish, develop, implement, improve, and monitor the automation preventive maintenance program to reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Support the operating departments by providing input to shutdown scheduling and long-term equipment decisions to ensure maximum up time.
- Arrange outside services as required to meet department goals.
- Work cross functionally with all maintenance employees, Purchasing Department, Engineering Department, Production Departments, various sales representatives, and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and minimum three (3) years automation experience OR Associates Degree in related field with seven (7) to ten (10) years job experience.
- Knowledge of operation, repair, and maintenance of automation equipment, drives, Allen Bradley PLCs, IBA, Virtual Servers (preferred), Networking (preferred), key maintenance indicators, and pulp and paper industry.