Summary of the Automation Manager:
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to add an Automation Manager to help lead their team! This innovative pharmaceutical company prioritizes employee growth and development and is experiencing exponential growth! Our client is looking for an Automation Manager who will lead automation design engineering efforts for strategic capital projects, operational improvements, and troubleshooting initiatives. If you are a visionary leader with a strong background in automation engineering in a pharmaceutical and/or cGMP environment, this may be the role for you. This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact!
Responsibilities of the Automation Manager:
- Spearhead and lead strategic initiatives to enhance process efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Develop and implement programs to minimize mechanical failures and procedural errors, ensuring the highest success rate for production operations.
- Lead projects to address process and production issues, drive process improvements, and introduce new products into manufacturing, all while maintaining the highest quality standards and fostering continuous improvement in areas such as product cost, asset utilization, cycle times, and equipment reliability.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop key employees. Cultivate a culture of efficient execution and continuous improvement, creating an environment where individuals and teams excel.
- Ensure compliance with quality policies and procedures related to validation activities.
- Oversee projects such as new equipment design and procurement, automation implementation, and electronic management system installation.
Qualifications of the Automation Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- 7-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical automation and/or engineering roles.
- 5+ years of broad experience in cGMP facilities, engineering, and automation activities.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Experience with facility monitoring systems and/or programming.
- Project/equipment and automation and/or engineering experience.
- Validation experience is a plus.