Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
An established food manufacturing company in the Greater Boston area is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Buyer. The company was established over 150 years ago and is continuing to dynamically expand. They experienced a 25% growth increase during the COVID-19 pandemic and is looking to add valuable talent to continue their growth. With strong ties to the community, the organization values collaboration and culture, as well as strong leadership and involvement. As a key member of the supply chain team, the Buyer will be responsible for managing the purchasing of packaging and ingredients, as well as maintaining existing partnerships with suppliers and continually seeking out opportunities for efficiency and productivity savings. This is a hybrid role with 4 days in office/1 remote and flexible hours. Relocation package is available.
- Procure packaging and ingredients for Seafood and Co-Packer facilities
- Maintain supplier partnerships and seek cost savings
- Manage cooking oil contracts and releases for Seafood facility
- Use MFG-Pro for inventory management and incoming materials
- Minimize material write-offs
- Resolve receiving and inventory discrepancies with Americold personnel
- Attend team meetings and assist with packaging development
- Source new packaging options and work with Packaging Engineer on product and package sizing and testing.
- Bachelor's Degree related to business
- 3+ years of experience in buying or procurement
- Works quickly and diligently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
The offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth within the company. If your experience aligns with the qualifications and this role is of interest, please submit your resume to this job posting or reach out directly to Emily Newbury at (857) 362-0179!