Buyer - Aerospace & Defense
One of the nation's leading Aerospace & Defense organizations is currently seeking a Buyer to aid in the success of their growing team.
This individual will have a focus most heavily on procurement and purchasing of various direct materials and commodities within a highly regulated and manufacturing environment. This is a pivotal and strategic position within the organization, handling a mix of strategic and some tactical projects.
- Manage procurement process for direct materials and commodities
- Research and negotiate vendor agreements and contracts
- Create sourcing strategies to address productivity and development
- Support multiple manufacturing facilities
- Establish and manage key supplier relations and supplier negotiations
- Review suppliers and KPI development
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and executives within the company to execute short and long-term objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field
- 3+ years Procurement experience
- Proven experience sourcing Direct Materials
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven experience with various Platforms including ERP, SAP, Microsoft, etc.
- Proven supplier relationship experience
- Proven cross-functional experience
- The ability to network effectively in the industry