Category Manager needed for a Top American Utilities Company
- Manager Level
- Philadelphia, PA or Baltimore, MD Based
- $100,000 - $110,000 + Bonus!
One of the nation's premier Utilities company's is looking for a Category Lead to join their rapidly expanding team IT Sourcing Team!
The Category Lead will utilize their IT technical skills to develop and execute strategic sourcing plans for one or more IT spend categories across various business units The candidate will report directly into the Director of Strategic Sourcing and will play a critical role in reducing risks and managing costs through negotiation, competitive bidding and analyst of data and market trends.
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Use your IT expertise to lead the discussions of business and legal terms with new and existing vendors to reduce risk, enhance value for internal customers, and provide adaptability to meet the organization needs, including negotiating agreements written by vendors.
- Create sourcing plans and lead key sourcing projects. Join in periodic special project initiatives. Responsible for category purchases (including tactical); get involved on a case-by-case basis to solve urgent issues.
- Guide personnel (both inside and outside of Supply) to achieve goals across related categories and/or across multiple sourcing projects. Balance competing demands and assign tasks to support strategic sourcing plans and other Supply projects, as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with supplier and business stakeholders. Monitor supplier performance to ensure that contract terms and conditions are being followed or exceeded; and performance meets business partner expectations. Manage and/or support supplier alliance process and manage all supplier relationships.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum 5 years experience or High School Diploma with 9 yearsexperience.
- 3-5 years experience in IT category sourcing (software, hardware, professional service, telecom) and/or IT technical experience in software, hardware, professional services or telecom.
- Demonstrated knowledge of category management concepts.
- Some travel required.
Please apply in or send your resume