One of the largest global manufacturing companies in Europe is looking for new Category Manager for metal components in Germany (near Würzburg). They supply to some of the biggest names in the manufacturing and automotive industries. Their diverse product portfolio includes products for Automotive Cable Solutions, Automotive Wiring Systems, Electrical Appliances, Factory Automation, Machinery and Sensors and Special Vehicles. They offer the exposure to some of the largest names in the industrial market. With over €5billion in revenue, 90,000 global employees and plans to for further growth in the new year there excellent room for career progression and personal growth.
Skill and Experience
- Background in strategic purchasing
- Experience purchasing mechanical parts
- Experience in dealing with internal and external business partners
- Deep understanding of market dynamics and future trends
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of flexibility and teamwork, as well as willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Excellent negotiating skills and assertiveness as well as excellent communication skills
- Development & Implementation of worldwide purchasing strategies for commodity group
- Manage actively a global strategic supplier portfolio based on customer & internal stakeholder requirements.
- Negotiate & Conclude Global Supplier contracts (e.g. Global Framework Agreement, Service Level Agreement, etc.)
- Creating value and price analyses taking into account the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Analysis of procurement markets, preparation of quotation comparisons and execution of make-or-buy analyses
- Participation in the definition and elaboration of company standard contracts in cooperation with other specialist departments
- Generous Salary Package
- Excellent Career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with some of the largest name in the industry.