Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Location: Ogden, UT
DSJ Global is currently seeking Senior Process Engineer to join our client, a leading of global provider of essential minerals. As the Senior Process Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support to optimize plant operations, calculate heat and mass balances and fluid mechanics calculations, maximize production rates, reduce costs, manage capital projects, and maximize product recovery.
As the Senior Process Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Calculates heat and mass balances of plant processes.
- Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
- Conducts plant and lab tests to measure the impact of process changes on plant performance. Assess analysis and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Troubleshoots chemistry and material handling problems, and identifies solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and prepares CAR with supportive documentation.
- Performs design and cost estimates on new projects. Manages capital projects as required.
- Regularly monitors plant operations to assure safety, quality and cost controls meet expectations.
- Supports KPI development, measurement, communication, and continuous improvement utilizing Compass continuous improvement tools.
The Senior Engineering and Maintenance Manager should have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an automated process control design and maintenance
- Project/process engineering preferably in a heavy industrial plant setting
- Direct experience in computerized plant process control design and operation
- Ability to recognize plant process improvement opportunities and/or problems and resolve them in a technically sound and cost effective manner
- The ability to effectively interact and communicate with a wider variety of company team members
- Strong technical skills
- Lean Manufacturing training is a plus
Does this opportunity sound like something you would be interested in? Apply today!