Continuous improvement Manager
Greater Los Angeles, CA
Summary: A big name in the food manufacturing industry is looking for a Continuous improvement Manager to oversee the plant production and maintenance team.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing manager, this individual will leverage a strong background in production planning and productivity, as well as development and implementation of process improvements. They will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the production team.
The Continuous improvement Manager will be responsible for…
- Design and facilitate continuous improvement policies
- Heavily utilize LEAN Six Sigma policies to drive continuous improvement in the facility
- Monitoring day to day operations to identify areas for improvement, through employee performance tracking, supervising quality checks.
- Measure and report on plant performance in key intervals
- Manage employee professional development through coaching, evaluation, SOP enforcement and training
- Ensure that employees understand and follow regulatory standards (GMP, SQF, SOP, SSOP, OSHA, State Department of Agriculture, USDA, and state/federal regulations)
The Continuous improvement Manager should have the following qualifications…
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing
- Extensive experience with design and facilitation of continuous improvement processes
- Food processing/manufacturing experience strongly preferred; other heavily regulated industries will be accepted
- LEAN Six Sigma Green belt or Black Belt preferred
- Understanding of FDA and OSHA standards, GMPs, HAACP and Sanitation.
- Knowledge of planning, production scheduling, optimization, reliability
- Project management
- Extensive knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma principles
- Experience with 5S and Kaizen
- Knowledge with word processing, spreadsheets and data logging.
If you are interested in the Continuous Improvement Manager, then please don't wait to apply!