Job Title: Demand Planning Manager
Location: New York
Sector: Consumer Goods
The Demand Planning Manager will partner with cross functional teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance to improve demand accuracy and ensure adequate supply levels & timing for each business channel.
This role is overall responsible for supporting the full supply and demand management process. Effectively driving excellence in demand planning that supports company wide financial goals. In addition, they will be responsible for developing critical analysis, tackling complex challenges , and translating them into executable operational plans.
- Overseeing and mentoring of the direct reports on the demand planning team, to achieve company goals and keep the consistency within the planning and execution processes.
- Creating inventory strategies to maintain balance of new and core carryover merchandise by continuing to measure, develop and improve various KP I's for in-stock and inventory turn objectives.
- Management of the forecasting process, along with weekly/monthly performance analysis and insight for some of our top revenue generating brands.
- Leading the analysis on main variances
- Create plans/changes if need be and work with the Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance teams.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the end-to-end supply chain and recommend ways to flow roles and responsibilities to achieve maximum accuracy and effectiveness.
- Forward and creative thinker, creating and finding opportunities for overall improvement in multi role strategies both directly and indirectly.
- Bachelor's degree required, business major preferred.
- Prior Demand Planning and Forecasting experience required (10+ years)
- Prior Management experience required (3-5+ years)
- Prior experience working with key national accounts and/or big box retailers.
- Background of Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, etc..)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality.
- Experience collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operational functions is a plus.
- Sage and/or MAS500 experience is a plus.