A multi-billion-dollar Meat Production company is looking for a Director of Engineering located near Indianapolis, IN. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and executing capital equipment projects, primarily those related to maintenance and reliability. Additionally, this role is responsible for driving continuous operational improvement, optimizing the production floor layout, and coordinating with other directors to standardize processes across the organization. This individual will have the opportunity to impact multiple manufacturing sites and will lead a large team of engineers and supervisors at the Indianapolis site!
- Provides a safe, secure, and productive work environment for our associates at all sites. Establishes and manages and maintains labor management tools to improve labor utilization and reduce non-value-added task to reduce labor within the facilities.
- Leads projects and strategic vision for all Maintenance and Reliability initiatives - specifically focused on preventative maintenance.
- Selects and trains a strong and motivated technical resource staff to support the company in the engineering and continuous improvement efforts.
- Provides the Engineering Department the support required for evaluating processes, determining the best process to achieve objective, and implementing changes that improve the Company's bottom-line through reduced labor, reduced waste, and improved quality.
- Provides guidance to engineers and supervisors (provides direction and assignments for direct reports). Demonstrates and teaches developing criteria for projects to establish budgets, schedules, and solutions to problems.
- Work with site and corporate resources to ensure the transfer of best practices and standardization of environmental programs from across the division.
- Four-year accredited Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred) with 10+ years (12-15 preferred) experience in high paced manufacturing environment.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Business preferred.
- Experience in poultry industry is strongly preferred.
- Multi-discipline experience with Manufacturing, R&M, Facilities, Utilities, Capital Planning, and Project Management.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental regulations preferred
- High-level of analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Recognition of different perspectives and ability to deal with all levels of the organization.