An industry-driving cosmetics company is looking to hire a Director of Planning in the Greater Los Angeles area. This individual will be working in a fast-paced environment within an established company that has a California start-up feel. This position focuses on creating a long-term strategy for the department and ensuring efficiency as well as quality. This company works with large quantities of units and new product launches so adaptability is key. Leading from the front, this individual will partner with manufacturers, suppliers and work cross-functionally within the company.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Planning:
- Develop long-term strategy to improve efficiency and ensure improvements
- Problem-solve capacity constraints using data from history and projections
- Complete, compare and analyze plans compared with reporting and make adjustments accordingly
- Lead a team of individuals
- Facilitate operations department to turn plans into actions
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Bachelor's in a Business or a related field and/or significant relevant Planning and Supply Chain experience
- 6+ years of experience working in data analysis in a large production environment
- Problem-solving abilities, and can effectively strategize based on data
- Strong leader and team player that can mentor/train direct reports
- Strong communicator with outstanding organizational skills
- The desire to work with and grow alongside an up-and-coming company
- Ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks.
This opportunity is a full-time permanent position and has a competitive base, bonus and benefits package. This position is located in the Greater Los Angeles area.