Director of Systems Engineering
Location: Westford, MA (Hybrid 2-3 days/week on-site)
Compensation: $160,000 - $200,000
An innovative medical device company is actively seeking experienced Engineering talent to lead their Systems Engineering team. This role will be responsible for the overall direction, budget, and strategy for the team with respect to people, process, engineering content, and design tools. The Director will build on extensive hands-on experience in capital systems development and a deep understanding of technical, end user, and patient needs to ensure that systems designs and associated requirements drive project teams to achieve best-in-class medical products. This position will serve as a key member of the R&D team and will strive to recruit and retain a highly capable, collaborative, and diverse team of systems engineers. This role will begin as an individual contributor before quickly transitioning into direct leadership and team-building responsibilities.
The Director of Systems Engineering will be responsible for:
- Overall leadership of the Systems Engineering team to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of project objectives with representation to the R&D Leadership team
- Ensure consistent delivery of Systems activities across system design, requirements definition/management, risk management, test (V&V), and reliability
- Collaborate with hardware, software, electrical, optical, and mechanical design teams of system designs to ensure that all requirements are met before and after system integration
- Work across commercial, technical, and regulatory functions to ensure a comprehensive understanding of customer/patient/technology/business needs and clear translation into system requirements.
The Director of Systems Engineering should have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering and 10+ years of relevant experience in Systems Engineering for product development
- Strong leadership skills to both develop and grow a systems team as well as represent their work to the broader organization
- 5+ years experience in a regulated field such as medical device or aerospace/defense
- Broad experience in capital systems design with a track record of successful product launch
If you are interested in the Director of Systems Engineering role, then please don't hesitate to apply!