Large part of the supply chain and will play a pivotal role in the leadership team as the position will report directly to the EVP.
Goal is to implement processes, operations, and lean logistics to support the company's accelerating growth. This position requires someone who is able to collaborate and lead with other stakeholders throughout the organization.
Working autonomously the Director of Transportation Logistics heads the entire logistics team and owns full P&L over import & export operations while also directing inbound and outbound transportation operations.
- Own and manage all logistics/transportation planning to move product throughout global network
- Design and implement the transportation network to help scale the organization and their exponential growth
- Create and develop leanest processes possible through lean methodologies
- P&L over all freight related elements
- Help align business strategies with customer expectations
- Establish and maintain relationships with international freight carriers
- Establish tangible productivity regarding inbound and outbound freight
- Negotiate, select, and manage all carrier contracts with through modes such as ocean, air & small parcel
- Build relationships with various vendors and 3PL's.
- Maintain flow of goods to manufacturing & distribution centers defined by business performance standards
- Reduce overall cycle time
- Hiring, conflict resolution and training of employees
- Support business growth with new initiatives\
- Lean Sigma Six/APICS preferred