Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead needed for Industry-leading Plastic manufacturing firm
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead
- Greater Indianapolis, IN Area
An industry leading Plastics Manufacturing firm is seeking a specific talent to join their team as an EHS Lead in one of their key facilities.
This Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead will contribute to on-site projects which will have a direct impact on the organization's growth. The candidate will will play a critical role in leveraging their strong safety background to participate on projects at portfolio companies in wide-ranging industries.
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate and promote world class safety-focused culture
- Devise solutions to fix and augment existing issues
- Develop, Implement and Uphold SOPs, best practices and processes to foster a EHS program
- Address strategic and operational challenges by applying quantitative modeling and analysis to profitability assessment, supply chain engineering, transportation optimization, strategic network design, inventory management strategies and warehousing / distribution operations.
- Apply best-practices from industry standards to ensure all company policies and procedures are in line
- Collaborate with product engineering, product design, supplier relations, procurement, manufacturing and customer teams to integrate quality throughout all in a uniform manner
- Develop, implement and uphold EHS KPIs at the plant level to ensure manufacturing processes are in line with standards and have a preventative approach to hazards
- Work with Operations Manager to apply enhancements to the company
- Participate in Safety audits as necessary to ensure best-practices are being upheld and operations are in line with company quality standards
- Operate with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Manage resources accordingly to meet all deadlines.
- Verify that procedures and materials meet safety requirements
The ideal Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering or similar technical field preferred; years of experience might be considered in lieu of degree
- 2+ years Environmental Health & Safety Management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Plastics, Packaging, Injection Molding or similar experience a plus
- Working-knowledge of OSHA, EPA and similar government/regulatory best practices & standards
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or similar certifications a plus
- LEAN/Six Sigma Certifications a plus
- Proven track record of participating in successful Safety Audits
- Root-cause analysis experience