An exciting and growing food production corporation has an exciting opportunity for a EHS Manager at our Harlan, IA facility. The role will be responsible for administering the safety and environmental functions in a rapidly growing site direct the safety and environmental programs and policies to ensure the facility is operating to standard while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Reports to Corporate Director of Employee Safety & Health, in a matrix reporting structure with plant operations and Senior Director of Environmental Compliance. This role is part of an eleven-person EHS team supporting the sites and Support Center across the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the safety and environmental programs for the facility and ensures these programs are reviewed annually and updated as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable, environmental and safety regulatory requirements.
- Understand and maintain compliance with all permits and environmental plans
- Drives environmental strategy to lead site sustainability efforts
- Provide leadership and support for team-based safety and environmental steering teams
- Promote culture of inclusion of all team members in environmental and safety activities and priorities
- As a member of the EHS team, in partnership with the other site EHS team members develop and audit Monogram environmental and safety corporate policies
- Audits facility to identify and mitigate hazardous safety, health or environmental conditions.
- Analyze incidents and incident statistics to ensure necessary corrective actions/preventive measures have been determined and are in place.
- Manages workers compensation claims, liaison to 3rdparty claims managers, ensures necessary reports are filed, tracking and documentation requirements followed, employee restrictions and ramp in/work hardening requirements are followed.
- Provide/support new hire orientation for all safety and environmental topics and ensures all annual compliance training occurs, is understood and documented.
- Ability to implement Monogram EHS program, all policies and procedures at the facility.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health Safety, Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related science field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Desired experience of 3-5 years of environmental, health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough working knowledge of Federal, State and local environmental and safety requirements and the ability to ensure sustained compliance throughout the complex
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a highly preferred
- Ability to drive team member led environmental and safety culture
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid U.S. drivers license
- Possess or willing to earn professional safety / environmental certifications (CSP, SMS, CEP, CIH, CHMM, etc..)