DSJ Global is partnered with a leading food and beverage company to hire a dynamic and strong leader to work as the Environmental Health and Safety Manager at the St Louis, Missouri site. The EHS Manager will fulfill the objectives by formulating a comprehensive EHS strategy that encompasses structured procedures, routines, and templates. This involves the identification and mitigation of hazards and risks, as well as influencing across various departments, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Human Resources, and Digital Technology, to attain desired outcomes.
You will succeed in this role if you have
- Developed and implemented a site safety program
- Continuously improved health and safety programs, as measured through reductions in Lost Time Injury Rates (LTIR) or Recordable Injuries and/or successful completion of internal or external audits;
- Partnered with leaders in: Operations on incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action identification; Human Resources (HR) on workers compensation cases to achieve positive outcomes, such as helping to identify reasonable workplace accommodations or resolution of claims; and/or Engineering to implement or maintain a waste water treatment program.
- Supported the physical security of a site through programmatic and tactical tools, especially in an environment with a large number of team members, vendors, and guests on-site at any given time;
- Participated in a COVID, emergency, or business continuity response and planning team; and
- Ensured site compliance with applicable company and regulatory environmental-related requirements and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree and five years of experience or training in safety management, industrial safety, engineering or experience in a closely related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA, and other health and safety regulatory framework;
- Experience with interpreting regulatory materials, quality standards, and operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- The ability to travel 25% of the time