Purchasing director position - Stuttgart / Hamburg sites
I am currently working with a leading global manufacturer and supplier of innovative process automation equipment, spare parts and related consumables for the printing, packaging, engineering industries. My client offers its customers a wide range of market-leading technologies, with a focus on increasing the efficiency of the production process. They currently have a global presence of 21 locations and an extensive network of partners both regionally and locally which have been established through long-term business relationships with added value.
Founded in 2009, the company combines unparalleled value creation and employee-centric culture with astute investment experience to help companies realize their true potential. The main strengths the company focuses on is looking for partnerships with executives to acquire small to medium-sized companies in the areas of capital and component equipment as well as professional services.
The Purchasing Manager director will plan and oversee the daily operations of the organization to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
Supervisory Responsibilities include:
- Hiring and training of new
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company
- Overall responsibility for all purchasing activities - strategic and operational
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers - selection and strategic assessment of new and existing suppliers
- Definition and implementation of procurement strategies
- Uncovering potential savings and optimizing supply chains with regard to costs and risks
- Negotiation of prices, terms of payment and delivery
- Framework contract drafting
- Maintenance and qualification of suppliers
- Management and reporting of key figures
- Work closely with Research Development to source new and alternative raw materials
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development in a Global environment
- Broad business knowledge with an ability to relate to a customer who is focused in both their commercial opportunities as well as continuously improving their operational
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Fluent in English and German (C1 or better)
- Technical and commercial education
- High motivation to independently drive new projects and processes
- Confident handling of ERP systems
- Results-oriented work / monitoring KPI's
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Business Management, Business Administration, engineering MRO An M.B.A. is preferred.
- Five years of related experience
- A demonstrated ability to develop team members
- Ability to travel up to 50% of
- You are a person with personal drive and can solve the communicative challenges that may emerge suddenly. To succeed in the role, we see that you are social, driven and used to planning your own work and deliverables. It is important that you enjoy working in teams with both internal and external contacts. You are used to prioritizing, working towards deadlines with a focus on delivery. We value openness and a positive attitude!