Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager required for Leading Food Production Company
- San Antonio, TX
- Plant Leadership Team
A leading Food Production Company is looking for a new EHS Manager to sit on the plant steering committee, playing a large role in plant leadership. The candidate chosen will oversee the entire EHS program for one of the primary plants of the company.
As a leader of the facility, the EHS Manager will play a large role in developing and delivering SOP's as well as trainings for the entire plant. The manager will report directly to the Director of EHS&RM while being responsible for driving a safe working culture and implementing effective EHS&RM programs aligned with Corporate EHS&RM that enable the site to effectively identify and mitigate risks.
Responsibilities of the EHS Manager:
- Offer strategic guidance and supervision in line with Corporate EHS & Risk Management for matters related to the environment, occupational health, safety, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, and security.
- Head a cross-functional and multidisciplinary team to tackle EHS and security issues at the site.
- Develop proposals for strategic and tactical responses, and inform site leadership about potential impacts and strategies for mitigation.
- Establish a method for incident investigation in line with corporate EHS & Risk Management at sites to ensure incidents are thoroughly investigated and root causes are determined.
- Participate in the management of the plant's hearing conservation program and conduct annual audiometric testing.
- Oversee industrial hygiene monitoring and equipment maintenance.
- Manage Brady Lock Pro (LOTO Instructions) for all plant machinery.
- Assist in updating and revising Plant Safety Programs as needed.
- Ensure injured employees receive timely and appropriate medical care by accompanying them to Medical Provider Visits.
Qualifications for the Ideal EHS Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- 5+ years prior related experience in environmental health & safety in a manufacturing environment
- Trained in OSHA/EPA regulations
- CSP, CIH, CHP preferred
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Proven on-site emergency response experience
- Experience developing SOP's and creating specific trainings pertaining to EHS
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA principles and best practices
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Proven leadership abilities