Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager required for Leading Packaging Firm
- Napa, CA
- Plant Leadership Team
A Global leading Container and Packaging Firm is looking to bring on an experienced EH&S professional to run the program in one of their primary facilities. The company is well established and committed to excellence. They have been a leader of the industry for over 100 years while growing year by year.
In the Napa, CA facility, the EH&S Manager will have the freedom to create, develop, coordinate, implement, and promote a system of their own. The individual chosen for the role will be directly responsible for supporting the EH&S function and programs in two separate facilities. The opportunity offers significant growth potential to move to a Sr. EH&S Manager and further on a Regional EH&S Manager and so forth. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring EH&S culture to legal compliance with all environmental, health, safety, OSHA, and EPA laws and regulations of the state of California.
Responsibilities of the EH&S Manager:
- Oversee and sustain the corporate safety mechanism (Velocity) for the facilities it governs.
- Accountable for regulatory evaluations and initiatives to uphold compliance with local and national environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Utilize expertise in safety and sustainability to supervise a range of tasks, including but not limited to industrial hygiene, ergonomics, crisis management, environmental safeguarding, and workplace safety.
- Offer assistance in areas such as certifications, environmental licensing, spillage prevention strategies, pollution control, waste reduction, staff training, Tier II Reporting, and more.
- Perform risk evaluations of work procedures with facility staff, which may involve examining machinery, equipment, and other work environments.
- Engage in Corporate-led safety, health, and environmental inspections at the plant level.
- Formulate and maintain recycling initiatives.
- Oversee necessary programs and projects using robust project management techniques.
- Coordinate required training for all plant employees to address safety and environmental requirements.
Qualifications for the Ideal EH&S Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Environmental Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Training in OSHA/EPA regulations
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to mentor, guide, motivate, and train
- Able to understand and help further enhance current business systems, processes, and workflows
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationships building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- In-depth understanding of OSHA principles and best practices
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience preferred