Title: Food Processing Team Lead
Location: Greater Las Vegas Area
A well-known foods company is seeking out a qualified Food Processing Team Lead to oversee the daily operation of the Process department, and to deliver quality products to the Packaging line safely and efficiently.
The Food Processing Team Lead will be responsible for guiding the plant's SQF certification program, monitoring the quality and efficiency of the mixing operation, documenting the Processing and Process Mixer performance, preparing raw materials for processing, ensuring SQF standards and quality product standards, comprehending and following process control instructions while completing all paperwork, following/enforcing GMP, coordinating with Production personnel to successfully transfer to the packaging lines, assist in the cleaning and maintenance of raw material storage, and committing to create and maintain an overall culture of safety.
The Food Processing Team Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of operation of different types of process equipment with varying degrees of automation.
- Maintain a good level of communication with Quality Control, Research & Development, Packaging and Sanitation departments.
- Must possess excellent mathematical, verbal, and written communication skills as well as reasoning ability.
- Work with manufacturing departments to ensure efficient schedules wile abiding by processing rules
- Assist R&D on new product development and refine existing products as necessary.
- Direct and supervise 30+ employees.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality, and facility cleanliness
The Food Processing Team Lead must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED; one year certificate from college or technical school, two to four years related experience/training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, while also writing routine reports and correspondence, and speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must also compute ratio, rate, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with concrete variables in situations with limited standardization while interpreting written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!