My client is a world-leading, global food & beverages company that are looking to add a Global Category Lead for Ingredients to their team in the Netherlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of strategic sourcing plans which allow the creation of partnerships between the client and suppliers.
The successful individual will be responsible for formulating and implementing market-oriented global category procurement and supplier management strategies to gain a competitive advantage through the lowest procurement cost and value enhancement consistent with the business direction.
Additionally, they will be responsible for transforming regional procurement professionals into a virtual global team to execute the strategy and achieve annual savings goals, and to enhance functionality and innovation where applicable.
Additional Skills and Preferences
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree preferable
- At least 7 years of experience in Direct Procurement within the food industry
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership including strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments
- Demonstrated management and leadership of a team of professionals
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
Apply now to learn more