A leading Industrial machinery company is currently looking for a Head of Transport Management to oversee their operations in Nuremberg. They are searching for someone with a well rounded transport experience that is comfortable leading a team of 6 people. The role is best suited to someone comfortable working with both large and small service providers who is competent with SAP 4Hana. The company offers great career opportunity in a thriving international environment.
- Oversee technical and disciplinary leadership and development of transport team
- Run the performance of tenders across all transport areas worldwide - budget responsibility in double digit millions.
- Constant monitoring of transport performance and delivery quality, along with constant improvement of transport networks on a cost/benefit approach
- Regular market analysis for new transport concepts/trends with elaboration and implementation of B2B/B2C customers as part of your area of responsibility
- Responsible for the intensification of digitization projects in TM, ERP, WM, customs and dangerous goods/material systems worldwide
- Work with team on budget planning and goal implementation
- University degree with a focus on transportation or logistics
- 10 years experience across all areas of transport (CEP, land, air & sea)
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent German & English
- Great IT affinity and analytic way of thinking
- Strong communication and leadership skills