- Global Category Manager - Fabrics/Textiles
- Upper Level Management
- Charlotte, NC
A retail organization is looking for a Global Category Manager to oversee and lead the direct procurement team in the Greater Greensboro, NC area!
The Category Manager will mainly focus on direct materials sourcing and will be responsible for vendor negotiations while streamlining negotiating rates. To ensure continuity, the Category Manager will maintain ongoing supply chain management framework while developing leading practices for all indirect categories.
The Global Category Senior Manager's Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing managers reporting to the role and indirectly advising how to carry out the projected budget given to the team.
- Driving change while delivering improving business results by influencing senior regional leadership.
- Identify and implement strategic initiatives within the specific spend categories.
- Collaborating with leaders within the Supply Chain function and corresponding business functions.
- Acting as the primary point of contact that will ensure positive stakeholder experiences.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 5+ years of experience in procurement/sourcing/category management functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's/MBA preferred).
- Strong experience working with textile procurement within the industry.
- Experience building a framework with procurement capability development.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.