Hardware Design Engineer Needed for Aerospace/Defense Organization
Greater Baltimore, MD
This rapidly growing leading language and intelligence service company is looking for a Hardware Design Engineer for their Maryland location. This Hardware Design Engineer would have a TS/SCI clearance and polygraph. This Engineer would be responsible for providing field programmable gate array (FPGA) and printed circuit board (PCB) software and hardware engineering services.
- Design, document, and develop code (to include firmware) for digital signal processors or other programmable hardware devices such as Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware
- Design and test new integrated circuits and hardware components for a wide variety of signal processing applications and research
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable; Apply ASIC or FPGA place and route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Perform the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures and develops improved procedures
- Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers' P&R design challenges; perform the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or five years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Experience as an HDE in an integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same
- Experience with troubleshooting, breadboarding or prototyping electronics or setups with resistors, capacitors.
- Strong C and Python programming skills; as well as experience coding/writing code for development platforms.
- Experience with semiconductor physics or fab knowledge is a plus.