A mid-sized manufacturing company is searching for a new Head of Procurement, They are currently undergoing a global procurement transformation. This role is perfect for anyone looking to take the next step in their career and help design and organise a global procurement function.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings. Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing and Cost Estimating activities across the business
- Planning for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies.
- Monitoring and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and
- delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete
- effectively in the market
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
- Generous salary package
- Chance to work for one of the biggest names in the industry
- Help design and organise the procurement function