Long Island, NY - Hybrid WFH Options!!
A well-established electrical wiring supplier that has been leading for over 100 years is seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer to join their Residential Business Unit team. This position is hybrid, with work from home and work in the office.
The Associate Electrical Engineer will design, develop and test all aspects of electrical components, equipment, products, machinery and/or systems.
From electrical to lighting to networking, we engineer thoughtful solutions that help make life easier, safer, more efficient, and more productive.
- Confer with engineering team, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, circuit simulations, prototyping, testing, troubleshooting, and software maintenance
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical components, equipment, products, machinery and / or systems
- Designs, develops, and incorporates new technology into communications components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and residential purposes as they relate to business unit business
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science & Engineering
- Prior internship, co-op, or entry level experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Electrical / Electronic concepts, analog & digital design
- Familiarity with the properties of discrete semiconductors, RF theory
- Working knowledge of: Circuit simulation, RF Design, connector design, analog and digital design, microcontrollers, firmware programming in C++, visual basic, production test fixture design and support, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, O-scopes, schematic capture, embedded design