IT Category Manager
- Location: Nashville, TN
Our client, a national financial services organization, is searching for an IT Category Manager to join their national corporate strategic sourcing team.
The IT Category Manager will work closely with functional leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives. The successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage demand, current and future roadmaps and vendor partnerships, and will have the runway to be a people manager should this be a growth goal of the right candidate.
The IT Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Category management: IT hardware and software
- Working with legal, IT, and finance on approval of agreements per signature authorization policy
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions, data research, and developing a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The IT Category Manager has the following qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in strategic sourcing
- IT category sourcing experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills