Vehicle Quality Specialist needed for Heavily Funded EV Start up
A rapidly growing start up is currently seeking a Vehicle Quality Specialist This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to motivate and lead cross-functional teams.
He or she will be responsible for continuously improving vehicle quality, especially within the designated vehicle system/commodity. This individual will work cooperatively and cross-functionally with all areas of the internal teams, especially the Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier, and Legal teams. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of improving field quality, preferably with direct OEM experience.
- Be responsible for Quality Objective achievement (3MIS, Consumer Reports)
- Pre-Launch Activities
- New model launch quality validation
- Trial reviews, validation (PSQC)
- Vehicle audits
- Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Quality Specifications
- Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) specification at the component, assembly, and vehicle level
- Important-A process identification and validation (safety critical operations)
- Post-Launch Activities
- Feed market quality experience into new model design specifications
- Field incident identification
- Field incident scrambles and investigation
- Warranty part return tear-down and analysis
- Countermeasure development and confirmation of effectiveness
- Lead Cross-Functional Teams for resolution of complex and/or chronic issues
- Technical Engineering Degree
- 7+ years of Automotive experience
- Extensive experience of applicable automotive quality experience
- Cross-functional experience preferred, especially in Engineering/Development, Manufacturing, and/or Supplier Quality.
- OEM experience preferred