Maintenance Supervisor required for leading Plastic Manufacturing firm
- Houston, TX Area
- Plant Leadership team
Looking for a strong Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for maintaining and taking care of all responsibilities that are assigned. This role will require a proper approach for safety and quality. In order to ensure the safety for others, this candidate will follow all procedures and show great leadership skills.
The Maintenance Supervisor Should Have The Following Skill Sets:
- 3+ years' maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Injection molding, blow molding, extrusion or similar equiptment experience.
- Plastics manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Injection Molding experience
- Previous experience working in a LEAN environment preferred
- Preventative maintenance program experience
- Fundamental understanding of TPM, 5s or similar LEAN Manufacturing concepts
- LEAN/Six Sigma certifications a plus
- Strong leadership background
The Maintenance Supervisor Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for plans and will issue work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance
- Keep track of logs and any documentation that are related to operating metrics such as OEE
- Must be active and show great leadership skills; Hands on, trouble shooting and maintenance production
- Making sure the environment is safe for all employees by identifying unsafe conditions or violation of safety procedures
- Must ensure safety training for all employees Working knowledge of 5s, TPM and other LEAN principles
- Write and rewrite SOP's and KPI's for the maintenance team.
- Act as a safety lead and ensure OSHA safety regulations are established and being followed.
- Monitor work flow to ensure operations are in line with OSHA and other regulatory guidelines
- Develop a culture with an emphasis on Preventative Maintenance techniques
- Utilize TPM and 5s principles to optimize operations
- Work cross functionally with continuous improvement and operational excellence teams to help improve the plant's efficiency through Lean Six Sigma.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, quality and EHS teams to ensure alignment on goals
- Manage the spare/replacement parts inventory and maintain an organized list of parts and needed parts.
- Work hand in hand with the engineering team to help fix machines and maintain proper machine functions