Maintenance Supervisor needed for a $10B global food corporation
- Greater East Riverdale, Maryland area
- Food manufacturing, production, maintenance team
A maintenance supervisor is needed for a globally leading, $10B company in the food industry. The maintenance supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power industrial equipment technicians and third-party providers in one of their key food manufacturing facilities in Maryland. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense management, compliance with government regulations (USDA, FDA), ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management and direction to facility maintenance staff in the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Supervisor include:
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures for preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance for refrigeration systems equipment
- Monitor preventive maintenance logs and check lists weekly in the manufacturing facility
- Coordination with all operations areas to maintain proper, efficient workflow processes and scheduling
- Ensure that all required associate records, evaluations, and related documentation are filed in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
- Responsible for appearance, maintenance, of facility and production equipment
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to reduce accidents and injuries
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Admin.), HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), AIB (American Institute of Baking), etc.).
- Responsible for providing direction/leadership for maintenance personnel
Ideal Qualifications of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- 3-5 years prior supervisory experience in a highly regulated facility
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Proven knowledge of PLCs (program language controls)
- High school degree or GED highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong preventive maintenance development experience, familiarity with reliability centered maintenance principles preferred.
- Experience working in a food processing environment and familiar with USDA, FDA, and SQF policies and procedures
- SIGN ON BONUS
- Competitive pay
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Cross training opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement