DSJ Global is currently partnered with one the world's largest suppliers of oxo chemicals who are looking at expanding their team with the addition of a Manufacturing Engineer!
The Manufacturing Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive process and product improvements. During a typical day, this engineer will apply engineering/technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption. The individual will identify, recommend and implement strategic projects to improve unit performance. This Engineer will also collaborate with unit supervisors and other engineers to support process design and implementation of capital projects. The goals will relate to production quantities and quality, along with ensuring safety and environmental compliance. The Manufacturing Engineer will be focused on removing barriers in the system that prevent the unit from attaining the above goals, and fostering continuous improvement.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The Manufacturing Engineer works with the unit support personnel and the operations shift personnel to implement the Product Line goals as established by the Marketing, Supply chain and Sales Organization Identifies, develops and implements programs for the operating area
- Responsible for the integrity of the unit safety shutdown system, including leading the annual review of safety system.
- Coordinates or conducts training of Operators/shift personnel on quality, unit operations, safety, control schemes or environmental issues
- Actively participates in unit safety, environmental and reliability investigations.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced process problems
- Develop recommendations to improve unit performance
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for plant performance
- Provide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations, Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, etc.,)
- Responsible for Management of Change initiation for unit related changes (per PSM)
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemists or relevant education to support chemical plant operations.
- Minimum 1 year of relative experience
- Lean Manufacturing Experience is a plus
- Process/Process Control Engineering tool knowledge is a plus (Aspen/Chemcad/HTRI/DeltaV/OTS)
- Process Safety expertise preferred (OSHA PSM or international best practices)
- Six Sigma experience or certification is a plus