The Planner will be responsible for the planning and smooth running of production processes in a manufacturing company. This will include to create a schedule work to maintain a proper inventory to fulfill demand requirements which works closely with the Supply Chain manager or director.
- Develops prospects for supply of company materials, goods and services with the specific function to support the R&D efforts
- Places purchase orders and maintains various other Excel- and NetSuite-based reports
- Identify, escalate, and resolve material shortages before they affect production
- Updates PO delivery status and notifies departments impacted by late deliveries
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and suppliers to ensure quality on-boarding is performed and new supplies meet all requirements for product specifications, testing, capacity and scalability
- Facilitates return of merchandise to supplier due to quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
- Works closely with Quality team to maintain Approved Vendors List and on-boarding of new vendors
- Supports Manufacturing with planning efforts to ensure appropriate levels of raw materials at various manufacturing sites
- Supports inventory control to plan safety stock levels of finished goods
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned periodically by Supply Chain Director
- 2+ years of experience in Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain or Manufacturing
- S. degree preferred with emphasis Operations, Supply Chain Management, or other applicable field
- Experience planning within the food industry preferred
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Instinctive critical thinker with an understanding of supply chain management concepts - forecasting, supply planning, and inventory optimization
- Capable of presenting data and analyses in an organized, clear, and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge (pivot tables, V-lookup, complex formulas, conditional formatting, and data validation)
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment while juggling multiple projects and competing priorities
If interested in the Planner role, please apply today.