Mid to Principal RF Design Engineer: Microwave Receivers
Baltimore County, MD or Remote
This company focusses on global defense and intelligence missions through expanding and designing signals intelligence and electronic welfare mission. They are one of the leaders within the Aerospace Products and Parts Manufacturing industry! This team is looking to bring on a several Mid to Principal RF Design Engineers to their growing team! Theseb RF Design Engineers would be responsible for the advancement of miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications.
The RF Design Engineer would be responsible for:
- Interface with customers, and will contribute ideas to new product development and IR&D
- Project engineering, providing technical guidance to project team members and individual circuit design.
- Generate technical proposals and white papers
- Functional subassemblies of wideband microwave receivers including detailed design of RF/IF Frequency Converters, IF Filtering and Amplification, AGC Loops, AM/Log Detectors, FM Demodulators, Frequency Synthesizers (PLL and Hybrid), Lumped Element and Active Filters, A/D and D/A Converters, Op amp Circuits and Power Supplies. Familiarity with Group Delay Equalization, Image Canceling Mixers, Spectral Display Generation, and YIG Oscillator/Filter Control
- ESD Awareness
The RF Design Engineer would have the following qualifications:
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- BSEE and related experience in the area of microwave receiver design
- Knowledgeable with the specification and selection of receiver key components including microwave amplifiers, mixers, filters, YIG devices and frequency synthesizers.
- Experienced with design of RF/Microwave Circuit miniaturization
- Experience in the area of high-speed digitization and a working knowledge of application of DSP techniques or digital radio concepts is highly desired.
- Experienced designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Knowledgeable with computer design tools including Keysight Genesys, Microwave Office, OrCad, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools
**** This company is open to seeing RF Engineers at all levels! Apply in to learn more!****