Operations Managers oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods. Responsible for budgeting, customer service, facility and equipment operation. Administers overall inventory management, productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention programs to ensure that customer requirement are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Identify workload of all given areas and shift personnel to areas where additional personnel is needed.
- Monitor Supervisors' ability to achieve productivity, efficiency and accuracy of all processes.
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Training staff and monitoring their performance and progress.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met.
- Other duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work of forklift drivers, team leaders and other warehouse personnel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in warehouse supervision or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office operations)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College degree or High School Diploma and 1-3 years of experience in warehouse management.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Possess or have ability to become forklift certified
Ability to read and interpret documents, including protocols, standard operating procedures, customer orders, and pick tickets.