Title: Plant Manager
Location: Greater Reno Area
A leading, multi-billion-dollar company within the paint and coating industry is seeking out a Plant Manager to join their team and provide managerial leadership to the plant manufacturing facility.
The Plant Manager will be accountable for providing leadership and direction to maximize capital and utilize human resources to achieve production objective while maintaining established cost parameters; managing the direction of plant materials, people, and assets, producing products according to production schedules and requirements, driving operational excellence initiatives, as well as implementing continuous improvement strategies to support plant and customer requirements.
The Plant Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and strategy to ensure success of the facility.
- Developing and executing site budgets.
- Conducting appraisals of employee performance as well as providing coaching to all team members to provide employee involvement/engagement.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Balance production objectives with finished goods inventory objectives.
- Guide team members to effectively utilize Six Sigma tools and Lean Manufacturing to complete continuous improvement projects.
- Meeting the plant safety, quality, and service goals.
The ideal Plant Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a four-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution OR eight years work experience
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without needing sponsorship for employment
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role at a manufacturing or distribution facility, or in an operations environment
- Must have formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc.
- Must have had previous P&L responsibilities
- A degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or other related field
- Experience Managing in a 24/7 manufacturing or distribution environment
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain systems, safety systems, and programs
- Six Sigma certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.)
- Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) experience and knowledge
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!