Are you interested in further developing and leveraging your IT Procurement career journey? Looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a world-leading pharmaceutical firm? Then look no further, the Procurement Delivery Lead - Digital and Tech procurement position might be for you!
If interested, please apply via this advert, send me a message on Linked In with your CV or send your CV directly to me at
Procurement Delivery Lead - Digital & Tech
Our client has defined an exciting 10-year ambition plan, requiring us to adapt and transform to our evolving ecosystem and challenges ahead of us. We have redesigned our Global Procurement (GP) organisation to ensure we can succeed in this new environment and deliver on our mission for patients by building new capabilities and creating a more agile organisation. Our goal is to improve our ability to deliver on our vision to "accelerate the company's goal to bring innovative solutions to patients quickly and efficiently through business and supplier partnerships." If you are excited about driving this change and catalysing the future in the Delivery Digital & Tech capability, this position is for you!
What is the Delivery capability?
The Delivery capability covers the core procurement activities from category management, strategic and operational sourcing, supplier management, content strategy definition, and execution. The Delivery capability comprises many communities grouping categories of the same value chain or having commonality. The communities are key enablers of strong category expertise while allowing flexibility in the procurement delivery response to the evolving needs of our customers.
As a Procurement Delivery Lead - Digital & Tech, you will work in a dynamic global environment where you will bring analytical thinking, planning, execution, and focus to the procurement sourcing and delivery capability area. Using your strong problem-solving, deep procurement skills, and category knowledge, you will drive collaboration with procurement and business stakeholders to build and implement comprehensive sourcing and spend management plans. Based on your specialized knowledge and in-depth expertise of procurement and specific spend categories, you will proactively own, identify, and develop strategies and approaches for managing and sourcing third-party spend requirements.
Working in procurement squads and networks, you will identify and deliver on opportunities to aggregate demand, drive buying channel automation, deliver day-to-day activities, and provide capacity, expertise, and oversight to projects/solutions.
Your key responsibilities include:
Your successful performance and contribution depend on the full embodiment and demonstration of core mindsets and behaviors, including an entrepreneurial spirit, enterprise thinking, inclusive collaboration, and desire for continuous learning that underpin our culture and ways of working.
As a Procurement Delivery Lead - Digital & Tech, you will play a variety of roles according to your experience, knowledge, and the general business/team requirements, such as:
- Category subject matter expert conducting market and internal analysis to develop strategies, best practices, tactics, and vision for the company to source and negotiate for third-party goods and services that satisfy stakeholder requirements.
- Procurement practitioner developing and executing category strategies and strategic initiatives by leveraging spend, category know-how, robust sourcing, negotiation, contracting, supplier management, and project management methodologies and skills to deliver on objectives and support the enhancement of the skills and knowledge of team members.
- Content and automation advocate ensuring category strategy into content and automated buying channels, guidelines, best practices, and communication materials that improve business adoption, satisfaction, and overall efficiency.
Your Skills and Competencies
You hold a university degree, with a business degree preferable. You have 7+ years of experience in global category management, strategic sourcing, complex procurement contracting, and operational category efficiency projects.
In addition, you have:
- Solid leadership experience with strong influential skills.
- Extensive IT sourcing, IT procurement and/or IT vendor management experience and specific category knowledge in Infrastructure, Application Services and/or Software Licensing from a large scale organisation
- Executive presence and comfortable with interacting with both internal stakeholder and external vendor senior leadership
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Business level fluency in English
Mindset and Behaviours
- You strive to act as an enterprise thinker and leverage knowledge and expertise to create solutions for business customers by proactively fostering collaboration, including across the procurement network.
- You are action-oriented and can make decisions and influence others to do the same; you re purpose work and ideas in favour of starting from scratch.
- You demonstrate curiosity, active listening, and a willingness to experiment and test new ideas when appropriate, focusing on continuous learning and improvement.
- You work with colleagues across procurement, business, and the broader company organisation to broaden knowledge and expertise, better understand customer needs, and connect the dots.
- You are open-minded and inclusive, generously sharing ideas and knowledge while being receptive to ideas and feedback from others.