A leading food manufacturer that values quality and tradition is currently looking for a Procurement Manager who will lead strategic sourcing and vendor management initiatives. They will have their hand in direct procurement for raw materials and ingredients, as well as indirect categories including packaging and corporate goods and services.
Key Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager:
* Source both direct and indirect materials, including raw materials, ingredients, supplies, maintenance, equipment, etc.
* Maintain vendor relationships and lead RFPs and RFIs
* Plan and conduct cross functional team meetings
* Initiate substantial cost savings for purchasing while maintaining a high quality standard for ingredients and products
The successful candidate will preferably have:
* 7+ years of work experience in procurement, sourcing, or category management
* Strong knowledge and experience with raw materials
* A track record of successful planning/forecasting
* Passion for innovation and creativity