The Operations Manager is responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the largest printing technology cell within the Napa plant. This is a fast-paced, 24/7 printing manufacturing operation that includes oversight and 4 highly complex narrow-web printing machines. This is a deadline-oriented business within the world's best premium label operation that needs to operate with a high sense of urgency. The critical focus is to lead people and ensure our best practice priorities of culture, safety, quality, service, etc. are modeled and adhered to in priority order on a daily basis.
5-7 years of Printing or related Manufacturing experience is required; with proven ability to manage a large department in a 24/7 operations.
- Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office or the equivalent. Ability to learn business information systems.
- Articulate, clear, persuasive and passionate in the spoken and written word. Make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics.
- Lead, manage and develop others. Relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in an environment that encourages teamwork, participation, creativity, openness, honesty, and mutual respect.
- Oversees Radius SFDC for the Department and ensures jobs sent to accounting for close are accurate.
- Pre-Production review of new jobs in coordination with Technical Team.
- Supports the concept of Quality at the Source and ensures all production staff views themselves as Quality Managers. Ensures productivity is never gained at the expense of quality.
- Eliminate spoilage through quality
- Creates and sustains a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and business excellence.
- Supports a culture of engaged associates who are empowered to solve problems and participate in CI events, Kaizen, and A-3 teams.