Plan, direct, and supervise the activities of production supervisors to meet production schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities, and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Implements plant policies and supervise the application of such policies to the plant's manufacturing operations.
- Promotes safety within all manufacturing processes and enforces compliance with safety processes and procedures.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Resolves manpower, material, and equipment issues.
- Assists in carrying out production objectives at the lowest cost, consistent with the organization's quality and safety requirements.
- Monitors machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Surveys all manufacturing operations to determine areas for process investigations.
- Recommends process changes when justified by cost studies.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Manager and Human Resources for action.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required.
- A minimum of four years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience supervising employees in a union environment