Production Supervisor Needed for Leading Chemical Company
- Production Team.
- Roanoke, VA.
A leading Chemical company is in search for a Production Supervisor to take over responsibilities within the production team. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the operations of 15+ employees and will handle the planning, scheduling, and training for employees. The Production Supervisor will handle specialty projects generated from the CI and OPEX teams to help improve processes and decrease on costs. The Production Supervisor will be in charge of quality, safety, and maintenance within the team. If you are an experienced and well-seasoned Production Supervisor, this is the role for you!
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervisor the operations for 15+ production employees.
- Work with the safety team to establish and maintain OSHA safety regulations.
- Work cross functionally with the continuous improvement and operational excellence teams to generate cost saving projects through the implementation of Lean Six Sigma.
- Do routine audits on finished products to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Work hand and hand with the engineering and maintenance team to maintain high level of efficiency.
The Production Supervisor will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree if preferred but not required.
- Experience working within the chemical industry.
- 2+ years of supervisor or manager experience.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments and maintain organized documentation.