Program Manager Needed for Largest Transit Bus Manufacturer
Bay Area, CA
One of the largest transit bus manufacturers are looking for a talented Program Manager to join their team in the Bay Area. This family-owned business has been around for over 100 years and has recently partnered with over 45 transit agencies, investing in their clean-energy buses. The Program Manager will be responsible for delivering company-wide programs and strategic initiatives on a cross-functional basis.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver new product development and introduction programs on-time, on-budget, and on specification, creating an environment of product excellence
- Work with each functional area within the company in order to define the content, tools, processes, deliverables, and core competencies needed to successfully develop and launch new products
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure impactful program level risk and/or issues are timely communicated, understood, and mitigated to minimize the impact to program delivery
- Drive estimation, planning, organizing, and monitoring of the activities of cross-functional teams including ownership of the overall program schedule - driving/critical path, milestones, key dependencies, status, and summary
- Track, analyze, and report on costs, schedule, and performance of programs to ensure team members and key stakeholders are informed of program status.
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the program management processes are followed and programs are on track
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, Masters a plus, MBA preferred
- Required 10+ years of experience in automotive, commercial vehicle or aerospace (or related field) product development and delivery, 5+ of which are program managing high dollar value products/product development
- Experience taking multiple products to market as a program manager or and integrated product team (IPT) leader with direct experience
- Strong understanding of Lean Six Sigma and other portfolio-based methodologies.