Greater Seattle, WA Area
We are searching for a skilled Project Engineer to join a growing engineering team with an exciting Ship Building Company in the shipbuilding industry.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring project success, collaborating with technical partners, and adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with Production Supervisors and Project Managers to resolve build challenges during vessel assembly, erection, and launch.
- Prepare technical documentation, including systems diagnostics, research, and design analysis reports.
- Develop and create engineering designs and layouts for internal and client evaluation.
- Provide expert advice on marine vessel development, construction, and installation.
- Monitor project engineering schedules and troubleshoot unexpected issues to maintain project timelines.
- Participate in project review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Create structures that meet safety and performance standards in the marine environment.
- Evaluate project bids and proposals to establish engineering objectives.
- Coordinate with production supervisors and liaise with vendors and owner's representatives to address technical concerns.
- Ensure regulatory approval of all project drawings and deliverables, offering support to the Quality Control department during inspections.
- Review preliminary and contract-level design packages and specifications.
- Determine project specifications through analysis of project plans, customer requirements, and technical considerations.
- Proven experience in Marine Construction, with a background in the maritime sector, shipbuilding, or ship repair.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Structural) or Naval Architecture.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with production teams to resolve buildability and systems operation issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of marine engineering principles, ship systems, ship repair, and construction techniques.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with quality assurance processes and regulatory requirements.
- Willingness to work outdoors in a shipyard environment, using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Experience in administering contracts with "Buy American" requirements.
- Proficiency in project management software such as MS Project.
- Familiarity with scheduling software applications.
- Previous experience with software tools like Rhino, Navisworks, ShipConstructor, GHS, Draftsight, or AutoCAD.