A mid-sized Alcohol and Spirits Company is looking to hire a Purchasing Manager of Plastics for a fall start. This individual will be responsible for creating and developing partnerships with vendors, overseeing purchasing spend, working cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, and Marketing. The position is fast paced, requires a lot of responsibility and optimal organizational skills. This company is a tight-knit organization with a strong company culture and is looking for an individual who will hit the ground running and move the position and the department forward.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager in Plastics:
- Oversee $50MM in annual spend
- Oversee 1 Direct Report
- Prime negotiation skills, driving innovation and category advancements
- The ability to take on full responsibilities for this position and desire to be involved in other areas of the company and a strong addition to the team dynamic
- Consistently working with strong communication skills, organizational skills, and cost-savings initiatives
- Striving to move up and grow within the company and lead the team reflective of this
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- An individual is who continually strives for growth, personal development, and departmental improvement
- Experience in direct procurement in food/beverage or consumer packaged goods
- Experience in packaging procurement a plus
- Proven cost-savings initiatives and a clear track record of career-advancement
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
This position is located in Louisville, KY, offers a very competitive compensation package, with an option for relocation.