The Purchasing Manager director will plan and oversee the daily operations of the organisation to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. This includes the hiring and training of new employees and overseeing the 40 key members at the sites in Hamburg and Stuttgart. The purchasing activity will mostly be in the machinery and manufacturing industry meaning a proven track record in these are essential to succeed.
- Currently managing a team and proven experience in purchasing activities related to manufacturing and machinery
- Broad business knowledge with an ability to relate to a customer who is focused in both their commercial opportunities as well as continuously improving their operational base.
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Fluent in English and German (C1 or better). This is essential as you will be dealing with both local, regional and global suppliers.
- Overall responsibility for all purchasing activities related to machinery - Both strategic and operational
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers - Experience in the manufacturing and machinery industry will help in bringing a fantastic portfolio of suppliers!
- Negotiation of prices, terms of payment and delivery
- Framework contract drafting
- Maintenance and qualification of suppliers
- Management and reporting of key figures
- Work closely with Research Development to source new and alternative raw materials