Quality Manager needed for an Aerospace Manufacturer!
- Manufacturing, Quality
- Greater Utica, NY
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the aerospace industry? Do you have a passion for quality and excellence? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our Quality Manager position!
A global supplier of highly engineered parts is looking for a Quality Manager! The Quality Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of all systems, processes and procedures related to the production of high-quality components. You will lead a team of process quality engineers, inspectors, and technical specialists. You will also work closely with customers, suppliers, and other departments to meet their expectations and requirements in the AS9100 manufacturing facility.
Ideal Quality Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace or other relevant
- 5+ years of aerospace manufacturing experience required
- 5+ years' experience in working with quality systems (ISO9000 / AS9100, PFMEA, PQAP, FAI)
- Proven knowledge of GD&T of complex products
- Prior experience with metallurgy a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and quality systems
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive operational performance through development and implementation
- Develop, mentor and drive team in a lean manufacturing
- Work with the operating team to develop Root cause corrective action culture throughout the facility
- Lead quality audits of the quality system
- Working alongside the manufacturing teams to ensure quality standards are being met
- Assist maintenance of the Quality System while supporting the continuous improvement