Quality Assurance Manager
- Greater Buffalo, NY area
About the Role:
An expanding Food Production company is seeking a new Quality Assurance Manager to oversee the Quality department in their largest U.S. facility. The selected candidate will be responsible for guiding the QA supervisors, preparing them for more senior roles while also giving themself a chance to grow to a corporate position.
As a key figure in the plant, the Quality Assurance Manager will contribute to a company that has consistently improved year after year. After familiarizing themselves with the company culture, the manager will have the chance to demonstrate their leadership and technical skills to contribute to the company's profitable growth. They will be responsible for promoting and supporting the plant's continuous improvement initiatives through TMOS, in collaboration with Operations, Corporate FS&Q, and other support functions.
The Ideal Quality Assurance Manager will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Food Safety or Quality
- A Bachelor's degree
- HAACP Certification
- SQF or BRC Certification
- Experience with USDA and FDA audit schemes
- Servant leadership style
- Proven mentorship experience
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and drive support for Food Safety & Quality initiatives with all leaders in the facility
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Act as the site's lead Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) and GFSI Practitioner
- Supervise Sanitation resources/department including: SSOPs, Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation Effectiveness, Sanitation Verification activities and Pest Control
- Set up facility's operating and capital budgets for FS&Q.
- Identify projects that impact FS&Q and are part of the facility's capital plan
- Manage the development, implementation, review, verification, validation of the facilities FS&Q System
- Enhance team member skills by conducting evaluations and recommending development opportunities through continuing education, seminars, trade shows etc.
- Maintain Quality Module and Inspection Characteristics in SAP system, ensuring new workflows are executed timely and accurately