Quality Supervisor Needed for a Leading Food Production Organization
- Birmingham, AL area.
- Quality Team.
A leading food production organization is looking for a Quality Supervisor to help improve and maintain the highest level of quality. The quality supervisor will be responsible for the daily operations of a 10+ quality team. Hire, train, develop, and fire employees within the quality team. Ensure all products are up to the FDA and USDA governing bodies. Do routine audits and quality checks on products during and after production. If you are a well-seasoned and ambitious quality supervisor this is the role for you!
The Quality Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all products are up to company, FDA, and USDA standards of quality.
- Hire, train, develop, and fire quality employees within the quality team.
- Work cross functionally with the continuous improvement and operational excellence team to help improve quality check points and overall quality of the plant.
- Work hand and hand with the safety team to implement and maintain OSHA safety regulations.
- Participate in specialty projects to maintain the quality of goods.
- Use GMP (good manufacturing practices) throughout daily tasks.
The Quality Supervisor requirements:
- Experience working in the food industry or applicable field.
- Experience working with the FDA and USDA governing bodies.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Experience working with GMP (good manufacturing practices).