Regional Director - Environmental Health & Safety required for Leading Food Manufacturing Firm - REMOTE
- Regional Director - Environmental Health & Safety
- Greater Philadelphia Area (Remote/Hybrid)
- 50% Travel
The ideal Regional Director - Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) will be successful at designing, implementing, and upholding comprehensive EH&S systems to supporting revenue growth. You will work with a cross-functional team to create compelling proposals for solutions that add value to the organization by creating a World Class safety system.
The Ideal Regional Director - Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) will have the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering or similar technical field
- Masters Degree strongly preferred; but not required
- 10+ years Environmental Health & Safety Management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or similar certifications a strong preference
- Experience in a beverage bottling, FMCG, food production or similar high-speed manufacturing environment
- LEAN/Six Sigma Certifications a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge ofEHS standards and systems such as OSHA and ISO-14001
- ISO14001 Auditor (or similar) preference, but not required
- Proven track record of leading successful Safety Audits
- Superior leadership abilities
- Ability to teach fundamentals of safety in plant environment
- Ability to manage upwards and down across different business units to ensure alignment on best-practices relevant to EHS
- Proven track record for fostering plant environment with an emphasis on safety
- Willingness to lead and learn across all areas of the business
- Experience developing and implementing new processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Essential Functions of the Regional Director - Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S):
- Develop, Implement and Uphold SOPs, best practices and processes to foster a EHS program
- Lead, mentor & coach a team of 10+ direct reports across different plant locations
- Collaborate with Site Leadership team(s) to implement and uphold Safety Management program
- Ensure operations are in line with organization's standards for quality & safety
- Monitor work flow to ensure alignment with Regulatory industry standards
- Manage EHS Training Program, facilitate audits and ensure compliance with mandated PPE
- Addressing strategic and operational challenges by applying quantitative modeling and analysis to profitability assessment, supply chain engineering, transportation optimization, strategic network design, inventory management strategies and warehousing / distribution operations.
- Drive internal cross-functional collaboration with relevant counter parts to encourage safety standards across the organization
- Liaise with local and corporate HR team to ensure alignment on goals, standards and health matters
- Investigate plant incidents to find root-cause then work with any involved members on finding solutions
- Apply best-practices from industry standards to ensure all company policies and procedures are in line
- Collaborate with product engineering, product design, supplier relations, procurement, manufacturing and customer teams to integrate quality throughout all in a uniform manner
- Develop, implement and uphold EHS KPIs at the plant level to ensure manufacturing processes are in line with standards and have a preventative approach to hazards
- Responsible for adhering to the Proposal Development Process, including kick-off meetings, pricing reviews, supporting preparation of Investment Memos and presenting to Executive Management.
- Spearhead Safety audits regularly to ensure best-practices are being upheld and operations are in line with company quality standards
- Operate with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Manage resources accordingly to meet all deadlines.
- Develop/maintain analytical tools to improve the quality of the solution designs and/or increase the productivity of the team.